Apparently there was a conspiracy going on here that I didn’t know about…ahem. The ring is BEAUTIFUL and I love it. It’s a pave setting with 60 little diamonds that sparkle and shine, even in the dark. I knew what style of ring I liked best and told Christian what I liked. I tried on other styles, but none of them ever felt right. He thought it was unromantic for me to choose my own ring, but my thinking was, it’s my ring and I’ll be wearing it the rest of my life, I should know for sure that I love it.
Although every woman would probably disagree with my rationale, let me just say that the 'ring' is a symbol of our love and, as a gift, it's about the intentions of the heart. To choose one's own gift (ironically, such as any couple does when they register), is less about the intentions of the heart of the giver and more about the wants of the receiver. But...I am just a guy.
PS~ Thank you Amy, for all your recon!
Although every woman would probably disagree with my rationale, let me just say that the 'ring' is a symbol of our love and, as a gift, it's about the intentions of the heart. To choose one's own gift (ironically, such as any couple does when they register), is less about the intentions of the heart of the giver and more about the wants of the receiver. But...I am just a guy.
PS~ Thank you Amy, for all your recon!