It's been 23 days since we got married and it seems like it's all a dream, too good to be true. It seems as though I'm just here for another visit only the best part is....I don't have to go back to SLC, I get to stay here with him! At the same time it seems as if it was just this past week that we were in the Temple listening to the Sealer. Oh, wait, we were just in the Temple listening to the Sealer last week.
Let me explain. Thursdays are our Temple nights. We've made a goal to go once a week on Thrusdays. So if you are trying to reach us on a Thrusday evening and aren't having any luck, you know why.
This past Thrusday our ward was doing sealings from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. We got there a little late and there was one couple already there and their knees were grateful for our entry. We all took turns kneeling at the altar and let me tell you, when there are only 2 couples, your knees get tired fast! After awhile, another couple came in and the Sealer asked them how long they had been married. "We've been married 5 years." was their reply and the Sealer responded, "5 years? You two still look in love."
I wasn't quite sure how to react to this comment knowing Christian and I had only been married 13 days. Did we not look in love with each other? Apparently not to the Sealer. One brother spoke up and told the Sealer we had been married only 2 weeks before. I don't remember the Sealers reponse but I had to laugh. No, really, I had to laugh and that's why I wasn't looking at Christian very much the whole time while we were there. I didn't think it would be proper to burst out in giggles while the Sealer was speaking so I chose not to look at Christian at all. So if we gave the Sealer and others there the wrong impression, it was my fault. Those giggly moods can really get a girl in trouble!
In the end, we all had a good chuckle and a wonderful time.
Let me just reassure all of you reading this blog, I am still very much in love with my husband of 23 days. He's just what I needed. He makes my laugh, he is patient and always willing to help in whatever way he can. He offers prayers, conducts Family Home Evening and takes me to the Temple. He never lets me forget he loves me and that my friends, is the greatest gift a girl could ever dweam of when it comes to maowidge.